We’ve updated “most of the website” – but here’s a brief overview at some of 2017
We’re celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a great line up of entertainment that’s all about “Bringing Back” – all performers will be folks that have been with us at some point in our 20 years and there’s a few surprises for you!
– The first of those surprises – April Verch will be our guest fiddle instructor and will also do a concert this year. April was with us for the first two fiddle fests held at Windy Acres and we are so delighted she was able to fit us into her very busy travelling schedule
– We are very honoured that the Gabriel Dumont Institute is publishing a book on John Arcand and the Festival and the book launch will be held at this year’s fest
– We have discontinued the Traditional Metis fiddle contest category and replaced it with a showcase of traditional Metis fiddling in hopes to garner more interest and re-instate the contest next year
– We have increased the John Arcand Category of the fiddle contest – adding another age category and more prize money. It’s now 12 & under; 13 to 17; 18 to 54, and 55 and over. Still a once through contest that runs Friday afternoon and in all categories each contestant must play a waltz and a tune of choice composed by John Arcand
– In the regular fiddle contest Novice players (12 and under) only need to play a waltz and a tune of choice. And, they are also the only category that does not (need) a new set of tunes for the finals – they can if they so choose but it is not required
– We’ve added one more guitar instructor to meet demand – so there will now be 4 levels of workshops offered three times a day on both Thursday and Friday
– Start times for workshops is 9:30 a.m. Thursday and Friday morning. Here’s the schedule:
– Novice players (12 and under) only need to play a waltz and a tune of choice in the fiddle contest. And, they are also the only category that does not (necessarily need) a new set of tunes for the finals
– There will be scheduled child themed workshops in the Children’s Area – Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 1 pm
– We’ve increased the offerings in the Metis Cultural camp. Here’s the schedule:
The 3rd Annual Highway 60 Market will be held Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 10am to 4pm
Click here for more info!
From Under Our Roof Cookbooks – Click here to order
The John Arcand Fiddle Fest is a registered Non Profit Charitable Organization…to make a donation click the donate button below.
Tax receipts will be issued for all gifts of $20 or more.
Charity Registration #87209 0808 RR0001